If you love the idea of eating something a little more adventurous than a regular freeze-dried meal then check out this short recipe that we have got for you. a simple and easy meal that tastes great using food available from us here at Venture Outdoors NZ, and a couple of items you’ll probably find in you pantry at home.
Moroccan Beef Risotto
2 generous serves
Ready in – 15 minutes
Total weight – approx 290g excluding water
Powdered Beef Stock, 2 teaspoons
Moroccan Seasoning, 2-3 teaspoons
Water, approx 2 cups
- Bring the water to a boil and add the beef stock powder to make the stock. Reduce to a simmer, while this is happening, cut the biltong into smaller 1cm pieces.
- Add the biltong to the simmering stock. Allow the biltong to simmer for approximately 5 minutes to rehydrate.
- Add the instant rice, cauliflower & carrots and Moroccan seasoning to the simmering stock and biltong, stir gently.
- Remove from the heat and allow to stand for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally as required.
- Serve into two bowls and enjoy.